Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Day After Two Days of Company

I did something I haven't done in forever...I slept until 8:15am!!! Even then I wasn't sure if I wanted to get out of bed. It was chilly this morning and our company left at 9:45pm last night, so of course we were still wide awake at midnight and decided to read until 1:30am...being on vacation is fun, even if it is for two days. Okay, I still can't get the paragraphs to work so please excuse the errors regarding proper writing techniques. Christmas dinner was wonderful. Our prime rib was great...oh so tender and flavorful! My holiday potatoes were sooooo easy...makes me not want to do mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving next year. The veggies were tasty and we really didn't kill ourselves in the kitchen, except for the dishes. Everyone loved their gifts and I think the person that had the most fun was my mother in law. She loves to unwrap presents so we did a Christmas stocking for her and she was like a little kid. Now, on to the 26th...this is like a repeat of Christmas Day with Tom's brother and sister in law in from the Keys. We had a huge spiral ham,got it from Publix and it was so much better than the Honey Baked Ham Co. from last year, Paula Deen's baked sweet potato casserole, AWESOME!, and a cold green bean salad...you just have to taste it...you only cook your beans for 7 minutes and add red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, green onions and a few other spices...it is so good, white beans from Brock's Smoke Hut, love their barbeque, cranberry salad, cake, pie, and more cake...yum-o!!!!! Good thing we only have this once a year! Question of the day...can anyone suggest a dishwashing soap that won't eat my skin alive? I have sensative skin and bought a dish soap that said it was for skin like mine...my hands are like sand paper, I even bought rubber gloves...HELP!!! Thought you might like to know that all the "kids" behaved well. During dinner we confined them to the front bedroom, which was fine with them, I guess Tom and I are fairly quiet people, when the company arrived the cats took off running...way too noisy. All three are with me now in the bedroom. The girls are sound asleep on their blankie and Rajah is in his cuddle bed. It has been a very relaxing day...I went for a pedicure late this morning ( I was the only person there) and almost fell asleep in the chair...next time, I'm going after work when my feet are killing me from wearing high heels. Tom and I went to my sister's house for a short while. We took she and my Mom dinner; no point in cooking when we have left overs. It's back to work tomorrow and then another long weekend... I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Missy Glave said...

Oh Robin ... what a wonderful Christmas you've had! So glad you had such a nice time. And so sweet of you to do the stocking for Tom's Mother. Glad the kids are behaving.