Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Weekend!!!

I love the weekend, especially when I don't have to work. Yesterday was a vacation day for me and I spent all morning wrapping and shipping the gifts off to Maryland and Connecticut. Oh did I have fun wrapping presents with my four legged assistants. It's a wonder that I didn't accidentally snip some whiskers while cutting the wrapping paper. Rajah isn't into gift wrapping, he's too manly for that, but the girls..such helpers. We've chewed the tissue paper and made confetti, we've jumped on the roll wrap and poked holes in the paper, and we have jumped on top of the wrapped gifts that were in the cardboard box ready to be taken to UPS. Happy to report that Jasmine did not puncture the paper when she sat on a wrought iron cookbook stand. The cookbook stand is really cool but I couldn't find a box large enough to put it in, which would have made wrapping so much easier. I really hate to gift wrap but I found some very pretty paper at KMart by Martha Stewart. I'm not a huge Martha fan because my life is not so organized and perfect, but ever since she got put in the pokey I've become more tolerant of her. I don't think she should have lied about what she did, but I don't think she deserved to go to jail...so now, I hope she makes a ton more money selling her stuff.

We have a busy weekend planned. Last night Tom and I tended bar at a party held at Carlton Arms Apartments. It was a very nice party and the residents had a great time. The best part was it ended at nine o'clock so it wasn't terribly late when we got home. Today is pedicure time. Tom will go to Nikki's and I will go to Nail Creations. I like to go to Nikki's too but I can't relax there. Mindy, Nikki's 5 year old likes to sit in my lap when I'm getting my pedicure and today I'm feeling slightly selfish...I want to sit in the chair and be pampered. We need to finish some shopping and then catch up with Tom's brother who is in town from Key Largo. Tomorrow we will go to a friends wedding at 2:00pm ... I have no clue what I will wear.(Maybe Santa will bring some new clothes; I 've got to get another color other than black in my closet) I'm hoping to make spiced pecans and maybe one batch of cookies without too much help from my girls. (who at the moment are sound asleep on the pillows in the spare bedroom...what a life)
Happy weekend to all!

2 comments:

Susie Q said...

It sounds like a wonderful and full weekend! I hope your pampering session went well. : )

You will have to tell us all about the wedding!

I laughed when you taled about the 4 legged ones help wrapping! They do so love to help don't they?? Mine always help UNwrap too! : )

Stay well!

Warmly,
Sue

Missy Glave said...

Robin ... you are such a clever writer. When I read your posts I feel I'm right there with you.

It's so nice to have all of your wrapping and shipping finished isn't it? I finished up on Friday ... no more worries about gifts being shipped to Florida.

Hope you have a great time at the party!! And I think you would look fabulous in cobalt blue!!