Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

What a day!! I started cleaning the house at 6:45am and quit at 4:15pm. I have to say my Florida room looks great! New Year's Resolution...scrap at least once a month. I am the ultimate pack rat and I've got to get a handle on it. The girls were kind of good while I was working today. Jasmine has developed a new trick. When she wants Moms attention and Mom isn't facing her, she decides to jump on Moms back and purr away...kind of scary at first. Have to admit I have almost dropped her. I think I've figured her out though...when she is really pesty and I tell her no or get her "spa spritzer" she just continues to be pesty...but if I pick her up and sit down with her for a minute and give her my undivided attention the behavior improves...maybe she is training me. Okay, so she is spoiled... boys are so much easier to raise! Anyway, the house is clean, the gifts are wrapped (finished them yesterday..yay!!), and my baking is done. We had Christmas Eve with my Mom and Sister and their 5 Siamese. What a great time we had. My sister always makes the best snacks...I think I'll keep her. We did our gift exchange and in a way it was just like when we were kids. We always did the gifts on Christmas Eve because Mom always had a house full of company...the huge dinner at noon with the grandparents and then a Christmas buffet in the evening (thats when all the fun relatives would visit). So, off to bed, it has been a long day and probably an even longer one tomorrow. Merry Christmas to all!!! (p.s. maybe next year I will figure out how to make proper paragraphs on this blog thing...when I hit enter it just doesn't work...any hints?)

3 comments:

Andi said...

Sounds like you had a marvelous Christmas Eve!!!

And isn't it nice to have your house all clean? So much effort goes into getting it that way but it is well worth it.

I too plan to scrap on a regular basis in 2007. I have so much to "catch up".

Susie Q said...

Wow! You have been busy! I too plan on doing regular scrapping...or, at least, semi regular! : )
My cats (Lucy and Henry) send Christmas hugs to your cats!!
Kip the dog does too. He LOVES cats!

I hope your Christmas Day goes well...enjoy every bit of it!

Missy Glave said...

What a day cleaning ... now it's most definately time to rest and enjoy the holiday!

So glad the girls were on their best behavior ... and yes ... I do believe our fur babies know just how to train us.

Griffin is almost two years old and I haven't even a page made for him!! My resolution is to get the pictures off the digital disks and scrap away this next year!