Saturday, December 09, 2006

Silent Night

I like Christmas music. Silent Night is a favorite, however last night was not what one would call a Silent Night or a Holy Night...The girls were HOLY TERRORS! How could two adorable little siamese kittens be naughty you might ask???? And so the story begins...I went to my mother's house for dinner last night, Tom is in Connecticut and I just hate to pass up dinner with Mom. I got home at 9:45pm and by 10:30 the lights were out and the three kids and I were snuggled in bed. At 1:30am the fighting began. Heaven forbid if someone touches Rajah's tail. He should learn by now that Jasmine is compelled to touch anything that wiggles. Of course Coco had to get involved and she decided that Teddy needed to be tossed around the bed. After that the jumping began. On the headboard, off the headboard, on Tom's dresser, off Tom's dresser. At 2:30 I was not amused. It doesn't pay to reason with your pets in the wee hours of the morning. Around 3:15 I was getting drowsy...thought I could go back to sleep and then I heard a crash. I was going to ignore it, but it sounded like either my oil lamps on the top of my bookcase had gotten knocked over or the wine glasses that hang from the wine cabinet might have gotten broken. Since I couldn't stand it if one of the kids got cut on anything I hauled myself out of bed once again. No, nothing was broken, but one of my sweet girls had climbed the Hopi ladder which is next to the bookcase, got on the top of the bookcase and knocked over a nutcracker and also stole an entire package of catnip mice. Tom likes to buy the girls the furry mice when we go to Publix...there must be half a dozen mice shoved under my stove. Anyway, Coco thought she should bring the entire container of mice into the bedroom...they didn't make it...they are now safely stored in the buffet. Earlier in the week when Coco had climbed the ladder we thought it was cute and funny...I've changed my mind. Finally crawled back into bed and at 6:00am Coco decided to wash my hair...I think she thinks I'm a cat. At 7:00am the jumping and purring started again...by 7:30 I was out of bed making a pot of coffee. I'm so thankful today is not a work day!!

My husband called me at 9:00am. I told him about the adventures of the night...all he did was laugh and told me they were my kids. Some support system! The girls have had breakfast and are now resting in front of the dehumidifier...they love the warm air that blows on them and Rajah is sound asleep on the pillows in the front bedroom..tough life for little people that wear fur coats.

2 comments:

Andi said...

Sure, they can spend the day sleeping...what aboout you??? Robin, you should write a book about the adventures with your little ones. Your post had me laughing out loud.

I too am glad for a weekend to be here.

Missy Glave said...

Oh my gosh ... what a night!! I agree with Andi, you should right a book about the adventures of your kitties ... it would be a best seller. It's so great you have a good sense of humor about it. I too was laughing out loud as I read it.