Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Bathtub Buddies & Little Ted

What a week and it is only Tuesday! I've decided the 4 day work week works best for me, and I don't mean 10 hour days either! I'm so looking forward to the long weeken. Here we go with the paragraph thing again...sorry in advance for the rambling. On Sunday evening we decided that Coco's "Teddy" really needed to be retired. He had lost an arm, an ear, his eyes weren't right and his brains(the stuffing) were being pulled from his brown head. With a clean linen closet I was able to locate the new "Teddy." Of course both girls are in love with Little Ted as I call him, but Coco really adores the little guy. Last night while the Gators were playing the Buckeyes, Coco decided to play fetch with Little Ted. I think Tom and I were more tired than she was. I'm always amazed when cats play fetch...it's such a dog trick. Anyway, I went to bed at 10:15 to read (I really didn't care who won the ball game) the girls followed me to bed and by 12:30 when the Gators had claimed victory Tom made it into the bedroom. The girls decided it was time to play fetch. We tried to throw Little Ted out of the bedroom but it didn't work. Finally, we had to put Little Ted to bed inside of the nightstand drawer. Trust me, there is nothing worse than an unhappy Siamese kitten. Coco checked the nightstand for her buddy, she managed to open the bedroom closet sliding door(it was totally closed, so she is stronger than I thought)and then finally she and Jasmine decided to wrestle in the bathtub. I'm a quiet person. I prefer my home to be quiet...I make my husband turn the volume down on the television almost every night, so you can imagine at 12:45am I want the house to be quiet...not so last night. It was like a thundering herd of cattle in my bathtub. They even know how to pull the drain stopper out of the tub. On a daily basis I ask Tom where he got these kittens...and his reply is always the same...out of the back seat of the car, where you put them.

5 comments:

Andi said...

Robin, you should teach creative writing! I always love your posts...even with the paragraph thing!

I understand about hiding Little Ted. I have to hide "blue bug" as we call Bully's favorite toy because after an hour of non-stop play with the little bugger I fid myself exhausted. On occasion I've even tossed the "toy" out in the garage so I wouldn't have to throw it for "fetch" one more time.

By the way...how did your cat's learn dog trick???

Missy Glave said...

Your life should be a reality series ... seriously!! I would watch it.

Susie Q said...

YOu should get all your writings published! It would make such a sweet book...: )
I LOVE your cat stories..my pets have always beed little dickens too. : )
I am thinking about that cute Petsmart commercial where the doxie has his "Bobo" and the mom trashes it and gets him a new one..: )
We have had to do that with both the dogs and cats in our lives!

Hugs,
Sue

Naturegirl said...

Hello Robin ~AnDi~ sent me over because I also have 3 furry felines the ~*love of my life*~ and I write and post photos of them!AnDi recently attended ~a tea~ that I hosted and commented that I should stop by! We ~cats lovers~ must stick together and share our stories! I so relate to the baskets in the closet! Come by and meet my gals...and one male. :)NG

TK Angels said...

Great post. Enjoyed reading.

Take care