Sunday, February 18, 2007

Oh, how time flies

Hi everyone,

I can't believe it has been over a month since I've last updated my Cattales. And oh, the tales I can tell!!

Oh my gosh, I have paragraph power tonight...I feel soooooooooooooo special!!!

I'll just start with the latest. As some of you know my house was built in 1961 and until recently has not had too many upgrades. The week after next we will finally get some new flooring. I'm so excited I really can't see straight! In preparation of the blessed event of flooring installation we decided to paint. Actually, I decided to paint and Tom didn't have a choice. We chose a wonderful shade of green, spinach white. Sounds yucky doesn't it? But actually it is just lovely and exactly what we both wanted. I feel like we have a new home! After I about worked the dog out of my poor arthritic husband I decided we needed to repaint the hallways...off to Lowes we went and we found Navajo White...it's an awesome color...have to admit that my ex husband and I used it in on the exterior of our home in Largo. I think Tom liked the color because it had a native american name in it...which is fine by me because it has worked wonders in the halls. Anyway, during all of this painting stuff we decided to put all of the kids in the front bedroom because we didn't want tails turning green and white. The kids were pretty upset today as yesterday they spent the day in confinement. When we had finished the second coat of spinich green in the dining room and the ceilings had been painted in the hallway we went to Lowes. About an hour later we returned home and were greeted by 3 very naughty siamese cats. Some how they had opened the pocket door of the bedroom. No harm was done and noone was wearing any paint. I just can't believe they opened the door...it's heavy for cats that weigh around ten pounds. All I can say is that I have brillant children and I must praise them for their creativity. I also have to say that at the moment the girls are asleep in their cuddle bed and my dear sweet Rajah is resting in front of the dehumidifier...he can't stand to be cold and they did exert an awful lot of energy opening that door.

We are painting again tomorrow. Will try to keep you updated on the antics of the kids...hopefully there will not be any closet openings tonight..Coco just loves to open Tom's gentlemans chest in the middle of the night and remove the clothes that are stored in there. Talk to you soon!!

4 comments:

Naturegirl said...

You had me going when your referred to ~the kids~ then it dawned on me the ~cat tales!~ Oh I love it when they are naughty and they give you that ~LOOK~
Your paint colors sound wonderful!
Thank you for your comment you do understand! I suppose many ~babyboomers~ are going through the same.hugs NG and purzzzzzzzzz to the kids !

Susie Q said...

Welcome back to your blog Robin!
Fun to see you back!
Our kitties are so maughty too...especially our new boy. He is a pill and a half! But so sweet...
The paint colors sound wonderful.
You have been so busy but it is fun isn't it? : )
Take care now...
Hugs,
Sue

Andi said...

Welcome back to the world of blogging! You've been missed here!

I bet your paint looks wonderful. Can't wait to see your place when you get the new flooring in. It will be so nice. I love your home anyway.

Those pocket doors are heavy!!! Leave it to your children to figure a way to open them. They wanted out of confinement!

Missy Glave said...

Hey Robin ... welcome back ... I was hoping you would update soon!

Spinach white, sounds like a color I would like too!!

Your kiddos are pretty awesome!!