Saturday, February 24, 2007

Naughty Kitties

Three days of good behavior has to come to an end at some point in time...it happened last night. Tom's aunt and uncle and their daughter and son in law are visiting from South Carolina. Due to our house being topsy turvey with paint and new floors on the way we were unable to provide lodging accomodations, so my mother in law is housing the younger folks and Tom's aunt is housing the older folks. Tom's Aunt Betty has recently relocated to Winter Haven and since Aunt Pat was not familiar with the area we had to drive her and Uncle Art to Aunt Betty's home. All of this took place around 8:30 last night. The kids were great during dinner...no begging for ribs or smoked chicken...they were saving the naughtiness up while we were gone. We got back home around 9:15 and much to my dismay one or maybe more of my little darlings had climbed into our wall unit and had knocked down one of my hummel music boxes!! The nerve of the little beasts...the music box was in two pieces and I was not amused to say the least. Fortunately I was able to put the music box back together. I have had my wooden hummel music boxes since I was a little kid...they came from my Grandmother's gift shop and I do treasure them. My kids received a stearn warning that they were not to touch my treasures again..of course I don't trust that they will mind me...Jasmine has a mind of her own and the word "no" certainly does not apply to her!

At the moment, all is quiet in the house. Rajah put himself back to bed under the blanket. Jasmine is sound asleep on the sofa and Coco is curled up next to her. The kids love the weekend because we are home with them and they get a good deal of their parents attention. Our only big adventure so far today is when the girls decided to crawl inside the dishwasher..and it was Tom who got in trouble because he was not polite when he asked them to remove themselves from the appliance. I might just have to teach him some manners too!!

Hope everyone has a dandy weekend!

2 comments:

Andi said...

Poor Tom...all those children to raise...and he was a bit stern with them! Are we going to hear you saying "just wait until your Dad gets home!!!"?

Missy Glave said...

Ha ... too funny about the children. Glad you are enjoying some time with the family.