Monday, February 26, 2007

What will they think of next?

What a busy weekend...and another one is on the way. This past weekend was so strange...on Saturday Tom and I were kind of pokey. We had to bartend for a doctor's wedding and because Tom's knees are so cranky I wanted him to do nothing but rest. We really didn't do too much of anything during the day, but when I went to make up our bed I had to laugh. One of our dear sweet girls had put a rubber stamp on my side of the bed. Now, I admit, it is totally my fault for not properly securing my rubber stamp set that I just purchased from Christy, but I really thought it was rather funny. At least one of the girls placed the stamp on the right side of the bed. Aren't they clever? And just in case you are wondering how I know it was one of the girls...face it folks, Rajah has too much class to steal rubber stamps. He is very well behaved, I think it is because he grew up with older cats in the house. WonTon and Cricket must have set him straight from the get go! ( I sure do miss those two.)

We made it through the wedding, very nice but a killer on the body. I have a new respect for waiters and waitresses, but that is another story. We got home from the wedding after six hours of bartending, waiting tables and washing dishes. ( This was a private party at the bride and groom's home). Trust me when I say that at 10:30pm I was not amused to find another Hummel music box on the living room floor. This time I was not very lucky. My little Hummel girl was decapitated and her arm had been amputated!! I have to say that I feel it was Jasmine who decided to play in the wall unit; she loves anything that is up high. I am going to try and repair the music box. I'm glad it wasn't one from my Grandmother's gift shop. If it doesn't go back together then I know it is time for me to get rid of it; after all it is just "stuff", but I still don't like the fact that one of them is into my things. Such naughty girls, but I wouldn't trade them for a million bucks.

4 comments:

Susie Q said...

Your stories always make me smile! My Lucy has always been so quiet and never a but of trouble. Now, here comes Henry and oh is he a pill! He is always into everything and he gets Lucy's goat so she runs and when she scampers away from him she usually knocks things over. Tonight it was my WoodWicks candle. Crash. Glass everywhere.
Our first kitty, Hannah, was always a pill. But oh how I adore them all....Hannah was not a sweet kitty to amyone else but tome, she was my baby. Lucy loves everyone as does Henry. Our dog Kip LOVES cats. We always say that Lucy and Henry are his pets...THEY say HA to that! : )
Thank you for all your stories...love to read them.
Stay well...
Love,
Sue

Missy Glave said...

Oh Robin, your poor music box ... I really hope you can repair it. Even if it looks "repaired" ... DO NOT get rid of it. It's special to you and you will have the memories of both the music box and how it got in the condition it did.

Andi said...

You have very smart children. They knew which side of the bed the rubber stamp belonged on! They were bringing you a present. Sure is better than a mouse!!!

Naturegirl said...

Yes they are just ~things~ that can be replaced our precious fuury angels have heart and souls that cannot! Love your attitude as a owner of 3 lovlies myself! LoVe your quote~cranky knees~ I get those too! hugsand purzzzzzzzz NG