Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Linen Closet

Oh happy day!!! I completed my 2006 New Year's resolution. I cleaned out the linen closet. My dear sweet husband went to Home Depot and bought lined willow baskets for me before he went to have my 30,000 mile check up at the Toyota dealership..and what was I doing while he did stuff for me....I went stamping!!! I had a wonderful time and spent more than I had planned for, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Anyway, it was a great way to spend Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon we went to a memorial service for a former co-workers husband..very sad. When we got home I decided to tackle the closet. Some stuff is going to a local high school's yard sale, some went in the trash and the rest is getting organized in the baskets. Of course all three kids helped me in the closet project. They each took a turn sitting in the baskets, jumping on the shelves and digging in the linens...so thoughtful of them. It is so nice to be able to walk in the closet. I guess I accomplished two resolutions, last years and the one about not procrastinating, which is very difficult for me.

This afternoon we had to go to another service for a customer of mine. My 94 year old friend passed away on the 3rd. He was a funny little man who had alienated his family. Very sad, as none of his family members were at the funeral home. My kitties are sound asleep after getting their bellies full of chicken and rice. They have been very well behaved today...scary!!!

2 comments:

Andi said...

I'm so happy for you to have your linen closet all neat and tidy...and with the help of your children!

Sorry I missed the stamping. I just needed some down time this weekend. It was nice of you to attend the service for Mr. Francis.

Missy Glave said...

Oh joy ... you got your linen closet all organized! Yaaaaaa!!

I agree with Andi, it was very nice of you to attend your customer's memorial service. It's so sad that even after death his family chose not to attend. You are a good woman Robin.