Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Girls

Our girls are just too cool. At the moment they are bathing in front of the dehumidifier in the front bedroom...such smart children, staying warm and cozy. The house was so cold when I came in from work this afternoon...okay, so it was around 70 degrees, but it was really damp and in Florida when it is really damp and 70 degrees it chills me right to the bones, in fact I had to put my flannel pants on (comfort clothes). Coco has pressed her little body to the dehumidifier just like my sweet lilac point siamese Robin Mary used to do. Robin Mary was an incredible little cat. The breeder named her after me and when she came to live with us at the age of 6 I added Mary to her name (after the breeder); two Robin's in one house is too confusing. I've decided the girls have made a resolution to be well behaved for the new year...no incidents to speak of unless you count the block of Irish Cheddar that Coco stole from the kitchen counter and gnawed on like a mouse. Okay, it was my fault for leaving the cheese on the kitchen counter, but I was trying to get it to room temperature...I have learned my lesson..and by the way, Coco is feeling fine after helping herself to a little appetizer. I still can't start a new paragraph so here's the latest scoop. My mother in law has found herself a cat. Somehow it followed her home from the neighbors yard and it was soooooooooo starved for attention that she let it in her house. She went to Publix and bought cat food and a disposable litter box and at the moment the cat is asleep on her sofa. The cat has a flea collar on so it might just be that my mother in law has cat-napped someones pet...we'll see what happens. I just bet that my mother in law will be sharing her bed with a grey kitty...more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Missy Glave said...

Robin ... I love that you are blogging everyday!! Maybe no one will claim the kitty your MIL found and it will become her very own. Glad to hear the girls are behaving ... for the most part.

Amy said...

Intersting about the kitty. Wonder how soon the owner will miss the cat. If there are kids involved, they may come looking.

Andi said...

Robin, just a suggestion...don't leave the cheese out!!!

Okay, inquiring minds want to know...are you sharing the "kitten food can" story???

More importantly...has your MIL named the new cat? If so, I'd say he's a keeper!