Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Teddy Bears

Many years ago, when I was 13, I was required to take "shop" class in jr. high. Everyone in the class had to make a project like a foot stool, bookshelf, cutting board, etc. Anyway, I searched furniture design books and found a leg rest that I just had to make. I worked for weeks cutting the wood, sanding the wood and finally when all the pieces were to my teachers satisfaction I was able to assemble my project. We used a lot of wood glue as I recall and riding home on a school bus the foot rest was no longer in one piece. I was really upset because I had worked so hard on my project. When I got home my Mom could tell by looking at my face how upset I was. She told me to put my foot rest in the car and we would go to my Grandfather's house. Papa was very handy with tools and she thought he could fix the problem...and of course he did. Mom even made a needlepoint sampler for the foot rest. Today the footrest is in my Florida room and serves as a bench for my teddy bears; that is until yesterday. After a very long day at the office I came home to find all of my bears had been removed from their resting spot. I sat on the sofa and looked over into entry way of the house. What did I find???? Theodora(my Boyd's bear that wears flannel p.j.s and plays music) had been moved to the inside of my cat's tunnel. The tunnel is made of nylon material and has 3 holes for them to run in an out of. The Florida room was covered with the rest of the bears. My kittens have decided that everything in the house is a toy for them. I just hope that they don't decide to give the bears a drink...it takes a long time for stuffed animals to dry out!

3 comments:

Andi said...

What a great story!!! Those little Kitties just like to play while you're away!!!

Andi said...

Shop!!! We know you had your choice between Home Economics or Shop...you just wanted to be with the BOYS!!! Smart girl!

Missy Glave said...

Robin ... was shop part of a group of classes called "The Wheel"? I too had to take Shop, Agriculture and Home Economics. It was all part of "The Wheel". If you wanted to learn to sew a button on something in Home Ec, you had to take Shop Class as well.

Anyhoo ... not only are your kitties cute, snuggly, playful, have the ability to fly ... they love Teddy Bears too. Good luck with keeping them out of the water.