Monday, October 16, 2006

family dinner

Tonight was a test drive for the upcoming holidays. My aunt is visiting from Rhode Island and I decided Tom and I should host a dinner. Usually we have dinner at my Mom's house, but every now and then you just have to step up to the plate and do the inviting thing. I usually stress out over these things and tonight was not an exception. I've been stressing out about having company with the "kids." They get into everything, and I do mean everything. I decided it was probably safer to feed them first. I could picture Jasmine and Coco jumping up on to the table in the middle of dinner. My theory worked...feed them and they will be somewhat well behaved. All through dinner the girls played in my Florida room, which houses all my rubber stamps and scrapbook supplies. I'm so glad that my "kids" are into crafting. I'm also pleased to report that they did not invite themselves to dinner;but when the apple pie was served Jasmine had to get into her Grammy's lap. Of course my Mom ate it up...how could she not, she only has 5 siamese of her own!

p.s. My apple pie turned out great!!!

2 comments:

Andi said...

Yummy...apple pie!!! Any leftovers???

I'm sure your children were very well behaved! Enjoying your Cat Tales!!!

Missy Glave said...

Robin ... sounds like a lovely family dinner. It's so nice to do the hosting sometimes isn't it?

Your mother seems very proud of her 'Grandcats'!

The apple pie sounds delicious!! Care to share your recipe?