Sunday, January 06, 2008

Weekend

I was so ready for the weekend. I love four day weeks, but all the hustle and bustle of the holidays really took its toll on us. I slept 10 hours last night and it felt sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wonderful. Of course my sweet Coco Chanel was cuddled up very close and sometimes under the blankets plastered next to me. I love it when she does that...I'll reach down and pet her and she purrs and purrs. She is sound asleep next to the dehumidifier getting toasty warm. She has had a very relaxing Sunday. Jasmine is sleeping on a pillow in the front bedroom. She is taking a break from pestering me every 5 minutes. Her latest trick is to assist in the make-up process. I use Bare Minerals and there are quite a few pots that you have to open. She has decided that when I'm pouring the minerals into the lid of the pot she should bump my arm...not a good thing. When you spill minerals they kind of make a mess, especially the blush. (Trust me, I'm very familiar with that one) Jasmine has also discovered the hand mirror. I like to check out the back of my head before I leave the house every day...I don't want to have a bald spot showing; not a good thing when you have short fine hair. Anyway, when I use the hand mirror she stands on her hind legs and puts her front legs on my shoulder and gazes at herself in the mirror I'm holding. I think it is pretty darn cute and it seems to make her happy. Of all three cats she is the only one that doesn't mind hairspray...is she a girly girl or what???
My sweet Rajah has been a bit clingy this weekend. He loves to sit on our laps and cuddle. He is very musical and I do believe he should record an album of all the songs that he sings.

January started out a bit on the cool side in sunny Florida and I must say it was a welcome change. It felt wonderful to be able to wear sweaters and wool blazers. I covered my croton so the freeze wouldn't kill it, thankfully it survived as the sheet I covered it with blew off in the night...I used clothes pins but I guess I didn't secure them correctly. The poinsettias didn't make it (okay, I didn't water them faithfully), one spider plant looks kind of puny (it really needs to find the dumpster) and all of the other potted plants look great. The house has finally warmed up enough that we can wear short sleeves again. Our house is old and when it gets cold outside the house holds it in. It usually takes a couple of warmer days outside before the heat keeps kicking in. Although I've enjoyed todays warmer temperatures I have to admit that I'm looking forward to our next cold snap...maybe it will happen before 2009!

3 comments:

Andi said...

And did you put a little Bare Minerals Blush on your girlie girl Jasmine?

Missy Glave said...

Rarely do you guys get cold weather ... so I'm thinking you are probably really enjoying it.

I so remember covering plants up to protect them when we lived in Florida. They don't do that here in Virginia ... which I find strange.

I'm loving that you are updating your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

well I sure hope Florida warms up when I'm there next month.