Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Today has been the laziest day ever. Tom was up half the night due to an asthma attack, so he feels kind of puny today. I didn't sleep well and have been so pokey; good thing Sunday's are a day of rest...it doesn't make me feel as guilty about not getting stuff done.

My big adventure of the day was going to the nursing home to visit Tom's aunt and return her laundry. Did you know that laundry is my first hobby???? Actually, I think I'm quite the pro. After the nursing home, didn't stay too long as it was feeding time, I headed home and fixed some chili nachos. You just have to have something good to eat after you've been at the home. We watched an episode of What not to Wear and then channel surfed. Finally settled on Steel Magnolias. I've never seen the movie from beginning to end and today was no exception. I have to say I haven't laughed so hard in a good long while. I don't know which one of us was crying/laughing harder, but it felt WONDERFUL!!!

It was my intention to go shopping for clothes this weekend...didn't happen. Why am I never in the mood to shop on Saturday and Sunday but come Monday I'm ready? It must be when reality sets in and I'm looking at the same old work stuff. I'm really bored with suits, I want some separates and I'm not to fond of what is out there. Okay, I'm lazy too and sometimes I don't want to part with the money...but I want clothes that are comfortable and I don't want to see myself in the same outfit as the next person. I will never forget in high school when two girls showed up at an event in the exact same dress. Not good.

My Coco "Puff" Chanel is cold today. She has spent the majority of the day in her fleeced lined cube. We got the cube for Christmas and it has been the best little bed. Both girls can sleep in it at the same time and they can peek out the hole and see what is going on. The cube came with a little ball on a string and a button on the top. Coco loved the ball and string...notice the past tense. Coco has jawsof steel. She gnawed through the string until we had to remove it from the cube. She picked at the button on the top of the cube until one day it too was gone. I was sure that I would find the button somewhere...use your imagination, but lo and behold, the button was under the sofa. I am thankful! At the moment my little pigopotamus is curled up to the dehumidifier...she loves the warm air. She also loves to get in the clothes dryer; I consider cat hairs to be the purrfect accessory.

Off to read Southern Living.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say laundry is what I do the best in life :)