Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

It's here!!! One of my favorite days of the year!!!! I love the New Year; it is such a great time to start fresh.

Tom and I didn't stay awake to see the New Year in, which was fine with me. I was sound asleep by 10:00pm with two of the three "kids" snuggled up close. Tom cooked us a fabulous dinner last night. His brother gave me a stove top smoker box for Christmas. Let me tell you, it is wonderful!! He smoked a chicken on Sunday night and prime rib last night. Honestly the prime rib was big enough for four adults with left overs. The flavor was awesome. Tom's fixing pork tonight...not sure if he will smoke it or not, but I know it will be great. I'm very fortunate to have a personal chef!

The neighborhood was fairly quiet last night. A few firecrackers, but nothing over the top. The girls do not like firecrackers...too loud...it hurts their tender ears. They have been fairly well behaved today. Coco and Jasmine are curled up together on a pillow in the bedroom. They are partial to the embroidered pillowcase with the lace edges (not too spoiled are they?) Rajah has just joined me and is sitting on my lap; he is singing the most beautiful song (he should be the next American Idol). I guess I should confess that their is a four legged thief in our house again. I think it might be Coco but it could be Jasmine. We made the most awesome cornbread on Saturday afternoon. We were supposed to take it to the party that we didn't go to on Saturday night. Anyway one of the girls decided to help themselves to the bread...they ate a whole hunk of bread through the seran wrap! Such naughty kitties...we'll work on manners this year.

I've been thinking about the resolutions for 2008...ready??

1. Learn how to post pictures on my blog...I'll try harder this year, I promise.

2. Exercise...I have got to get on the treadmill and bike, oh and use the hand weights I got for my birthday.

3 Update my blog more regularly

4. Re-read Simple Abundance

5. Get more organized. The "stuff" has got to go!!!

6. Spend more time with family

7. Scrapbook regularly...I might need to schedule this in my planner. I have a friend who did and she completed a lot of pages in a year.

8. Take more time for Tom and I...life gets too busy for us and we tend to cheat ourselves

9. Go back to Church...we really miss going and have gotten way too lazy on Sundays

10. Make the most of everyday.

With all that said, I need to go iron some clothes for tomorrow...I'm going to try very hard not to always have to iron in the morning. I want more time to myself in the morning and ironing takes up a big chunk of my time.

Hugs to all!

2 comments:

Andi said...

Sounds like some good resolutions Robin. Guess I'd better go iron now.

Missy Glave said...

Robin, it's so nice to see a new post!!

I could help with the adding pictures thing to your blog if you would like ... just let me know if I can send you email instructions.

Loved reading your resolutions!!