Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Cat Duty & Jasmine

While my Mom and Sister are away on vacation in South Carolina I have cat duty. After work today I went over to their house to check on the "kids". As I suspected, they were very excited to see me today. Mee-Tu told me all about his day. Chablis demanded to be chased and Truffles played hide and seek...any idea as to who was hiding? I finally found her in my sisters bedroom on her dresser. When I spoke to my sister this evening she informed me that Truffles was sulking. Okay, I learned a new cat trick...and I thought I knew them all! Little Kiwi didn't have too much to say, which really surprised my sister. Kiwi is the voice of the people at my Mom's house; I guess that is only when they are home. There is something about having pets. After a few days away from them you are really ready to see them again and that is exactly how my Mom and Sister are feeling. (Although Beth, my sister, did admit that the first night away from home she slept great...no cats pushing her out of the bed and no legs falling asleep because a little someone was sleeping on them.)
I expect them home late Thursday or Friday.

My Jasmine has an ear ache...OUCH!!! She has been digging at her ear and has her ear out to the side of her head...holding it horizontal instead of vertical. Her ears are as clean as can be, so I'm not too sure what is going on. I've rubbed her ears down by the ear drum and that seems to be the sensitive area...off to the vets by Thursday if there isn't an improvement. Michele, the vets wife, has taught me the two day rule...if there isn't an improvement in two days it's off to see Dr. Adey. At the moment my sweet kitten is bathing Coco on the spare bed...I'm so glad they are comfortable. Such spoiled girls, but isn't that the way real life should be???

1 comment:

Andi said...

Yes, that's the way life should be! We should all be spoiled!

Hope your little Jasmine's ear gets better.