Saturday, May 12, 2007

May Update

Hi,

Sorry again about the delay in a new post. Life has been hectic, but I have decided that hectic is the new normal. I will send the recipes to you soon, promise!

Our house repairs have been coming along nicely. The air conditioners have been removed and the walls look soooo much better. The house has been pressure washed and painted and it looks much fresher...I love it!!!
The cats haven't been too keen on the strangers around the house, but they are troopers and only have to endure a few more visitors. We have decided to have the interior painted by professionals. Too much of a hassle for us, especially since Tom's knees are so bad. After the painting we plan on tiling the Florida room and the backsplash in the kitchen; of course doing the kitchen will probably mean a new stove...Tom wants a commercial one. (He's got great dreams)

Our littles ones are still into everything. I made chocolate chip cookies last weekend and stored as many of them as I could in tupperware, the remainder went into a ziploc bag. I never thought the girls would bother a ziploc bag until I was awakend in the wee hours of the morning with bag of cookies in my bedroom...I was not pleased. And yes, it was my dear sweet Coco Chanel who had the sweet tooth. I hope she enjoyed the crumbs. Coco has been very busy with her new Teddy. She is on her third bear; she has this thing about chewing off their right ear. Her latest trick is to give Teddy a drink. All week long she has been trying to drown her bear. I find Teddy face down in the water bowl almost every morning. On the morning Teddy isn't taking a swim he is either drying in the drain board or being flung across my bed. Teddy can hold a lot of water...he might be part camel.

Tomorrow I am off to Clearwater with my Mom and sister. We are going to spend Mother's Day with our friend, Mary, who is the cat breeder. I can't wait to see all of the kittens...might tempt me to buy another.

Tom is in Connecticut for the weekend visiting his children. Jessica has completed her Freshman year of college and Tom is going to be bring a load of "stuff" back home for her. Time flies. His son turned 17 on May 1st...it seems like yesterday that he was a skinny little 8 year old boy with a dreadful ear infection, but he was quite the trooper as he was on vacation in Florida...makes me feel old.

I went to the local Scrapbook Studio today...what fun! Last weekend I spent National Scrapbook Day at my friend Christy's house. It was the most wonderful day. I got 7 pages done, which is quite an accomplishment for me. I was working on my pictures from Colorado and today I found some really cute 3d pieces for my title page. What a great day!!!

Off to find an old postage stamp of Colorado to add to my title page. I have to dig out the postage stamp album and see what I can come up with.

Happy Mother's Day to all!!

3 comments:

Andi said...

Wow! Sounds like you got so much accomplished! I want to see your scrapbook pages!

Maybe you need to get Teddy a little life preserver!

Hope you're having a great Mother's day with your Mom and sister. Did you bring home another "Robin Mary" to add to the chaos???

Missy Glave said...

Robin ... so glad to hear you are getting so much accomplished with your house. Do you still live near the college?

Did you get another kitty?

Mom2fur said...

That's so cute about Coco Chanel and her Teddy! I have 2 cats, Nutmeg and Melody. Nutty really is a nut. She comes in my room every night and does that kitten kneading thing with her paws (btw, she's five!) and then tries to suck on my earlobe. Aren't animals the best?
BTW, good for you, finishing all those pages! I've been trying to do 2 a day, at least. Some days, I even succeed at it!