Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

I love three day weekends!!

It was my turn to work at the bank on Saturday. What a great day! I have to admit that I am selfish when it comes to Saturday banking. I don't usually mind working on the long weekends only because I still get two full days off! So much better than working a long week and then half a day and all of a sudden you are back at the same old grind. Anyway, Saturday morning was spent in Auburndale waiting for customers to cash their checks or make deposits, chatting with the teller on duty and browsing through Martha Stewart's Living magazines...talk about a tough day at the office. Then off to Sherwin Williams to look at more paint samples for the interior of the house, no we still have not decided on wall colors...I mean, how tough is it to pick a neutral wall color???? After that we headed to BAI, beauty alliance, which is for licensed professionals only. Needed some shampoo and conditioner for a friend of mine and picked up some awesome shampoo for us too. Here's a tip, if you happen to use a lot of hair products like gel, mousse, and spray you might want to try Redken's hair creme...takes all the junk out of your hair and leaves it way soft...so soft that today I didn't use conditioner. For you fine hair gals like myself use this product on weekends when you don't have much going on. Of course a weekly trip to Lowes was in order, have to get the bird food. And then, Tom's favorite stop...Publix. Thank the Lord he loves to cook!

On Sunday we had "cat duty." My Mom and sister are on vacation in South Carolina and our job is to go to their house and do the cat chores. They have four siamese...Truffles, Chablis, Kiwi and Mee-Tu. I'm sad to say that last week they had to put dear little Qwill to rest. Poor little guy had kidney failure; he was a trooper to the end. On a happy note, the other four are doing fine. Chablis is a chocolate point with a terrible flaw...she has a pink nose! Obviously not show quality but she is a character. She will turn 5 on June 1st. I've been told by my sister that we will be having a birthday party and a "gotcha day" party for Kiwi and Mee-tu next week. I'm sure my sister will be serving something tasty for all of us to enjoy. Kiwi and Mee-Tu are siblings and were adopted last June. Kiwi is a sassy girl, like my Jasmine, and Mee-Tu is a sweet little boy whose tail was somewhat chewed off by his mother. Originally, Kiwi was to be adopted, but the more Mom and Beth thought about it they just knew they couldn't leave her little brother with the stubby tail...hence, Mee-Tu became an addition to the family. Truffles is the grande dame of the house. I just love her! She stands on her tip toes when you scratch her back and the most amazing thing is she has no teeth! Two years ago my sister made the decision to have Truffles' teeth extracted due to severe mouth sores. The poor kitty would go to the vets office for shots and she would be okay for a while but then couldn't eat. She got very thin and the vet suggested removing the teeth. Lo and behold, the old gal is off the shots, she has gained a ton of weight and chases after the kittens like she was one herself! Ah, the miracles of dentistry!

Today we had a nice quiet kind of day. We are working on putting our utility room back together..a muti-day job. We have a lot of stuff from Tom's parent's house. It is very difficult to part with treasures, but I really don't think we will ever use a canvas tent...the holiday inn is as rough as I get.

Over all, a great weekend spent with my best friend, my sweet husband.
I'm lucky; Tom never makes me feel guilty if I don't feel like cleaning, he strongly encourages my hobbies ( how great is that ) and he tells me to chill when I say it's time for me to work on my most frequent hobby...laundry.

I hope you all have had a special weekend with your loved ones!

1 comment:

Andi said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend. I have the Saturday honors at Auburndale this week. Vacation just went by way too fast! Why is it always like that?