Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekend & Coco

What a weekend! I have been so busy and it has been great!!

First the good news, the bed got delivered and just as the delivery men were leaving the repair man showed up to fix my washing machine...guess what, nothing was wrong with the machine. I guess it just got off balance. $40.00 later I have peace of mind and prayers were answered. I really didn't want to think of buying a new appliance right now. I have other things to spend money on...like clothes and rubber stamps!

Friday night around 10:00 we decided to hit the sack. We fell right to sleep and were awakened to the phone ringing (of course I panic) at midnight...there was a fire in Bartow and the director of emergency services could not get in touch with the director of public relations...so of course you contact the executive director. Tom had to go to the fire and I decided to go with him. 33 units were involved in the fire...that's alot of folks to relocate. We got home around 2:30 and were up again at 7:00.
Off for a haircut at 10:00 and possibly a pedicure. All got accomplished with some shopping in between. Tom had a volunteer picnic to attend and off I went again to do more shopping. I met Andi at Beleza Boutique. What a great store. I'm already kicking myself for not picking up the scented drawer liner paper..I'll make another trip this week. After all it's on my way home and I need to visit the Winterset Office.

As I was relaxing on the sofa last night, exhausted from my wonderful day of pampering myself and shopping, my sweet little Coco "puff" Chanel brought me a plastic bag containing a button. No big deal, I learned not to leave those little bags hanging around. All of a sudden she came running back into the living room carrying a jar of vaseline in her mouth and dropped it on my chest. I use vaseline on my lips at night to keep them from drying out...my child is a thief!!! (Strong too)

Today was an open house at my friend Christy's house. We had a great time stamping and garage sale-ing. For every $50.00 placed in an order we got to choose a brand new stamp set..fun, fun, fun!!! The new ink colors are soooooooooooooo cool! I can't wait to experiment.

Have a fun week ahead!!!:)

4 comments:

Andi said...

I had fun at the boutique too! I love my new book. I've been trying to read it whenever I have a chance and a little Boston Terrier isn't in my lap!

I wanted to go to Christy's today so much and stamp...but alas it wasn't to be. Do bring anything you made and your purchases for "show and tell".

I read about the apartment fire in the paper this morning. I had no idea you were out all night with the Red Cross. The article in the News Chief was very complimentary!

Missy Glave said...

Hey Robin ... finally taking a moment to catch up on some blog reading. The picture of you and Andi on her blog is great!! Remember when you had the problem with not being able to make "paragraphs" on your blog? Do you remember how you fixed it? I'm having the same problem now.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Robin~I'm a friend of Andi and Missy's. Andi truly believes you enjoy my CM Showcase photos but due to some irrational family members, LOL, I had to make my blog private. If you'd like to view my blog, send me an email and then I can invite you from your email address....jennifer@onecreativebug.com

Susie Q said...

You are a wonderful person dear Robin...to be out all night helping people. I admire you.

That boutique would be right up my alley! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Fun stamping party! I would love that.

Have a sweet Sunday!

Hugs,
Sue