Friday, July 27, 2007

Patience

I'm home from work this morning, trying to be patient and constructive while awaiting the delivery of a new matress and boxspring. Tom and I bought what we thought was a great pillowtop matress about 4-5 years ago. We hate the thing. It is hot and we can't roll over in the bed. By no means was this an inexpensive matress. So last weekend we decided to take a drive to Orlando and visit the Original Matress Factory. We found a bed that we liked, they made it to our specifications, which is good..we need something with a lot of support, and now I wait. We are so looking forward to a good nights sleep.

Since Tom had a 7:30 am meeting we were up pretty early. I decided to get the bedroom ready for our new arrival. I stripped the bed and started the laundry. A head start on the weekend!! Or so I thought. While I was unloading the dishwasher Jasmine kept meowing at the door that leads down to our utility room. Some times she can be such a pest...like now, she wants to say hello and has typed her own message by walking on the keyboard. bbbbb (I had to delete the rest of her message). All of a sudden I thougt something smelled rather hot. The washing machine had decided to really bang during the spin cycle...you guessed it...I'm now waiting for the repair man. I am so fortunate to have found someone that can come out to the house this morning. You never realize how much you use the washing machine until it doesn't work...Hope I didn't burn up the motor! I learned a valuable lesson, my Jasmine might be pesky but she is just as smart as she is beautiful; she knew something wasn't right. She'll receive an extra special treat for dinner tonight...she loves catfish.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. One of my goals for the year is to finally learn how to post pictures on my blog. Reading the book of instructions on my camera would help alot don't you think?

Off to trim some rubber stamps. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Andi said...

Sure hope that new bed lets you sleep well!