Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Tis the season to forget stuff

Today started out as a regular Tuesday. I went to a meeting, did some shoppping on the way back to my office (found some great bargains), saw a dreadful car accident on the boulevard and was so thankful I made it to my office in one piece. With that said, my afternoon was not very productive. I had visitors most of the afternoon, of which I never tire of, did some staffing and at 5:15 headed for home. I now have a 30 minute drive and I'm getting used to it. The traffic can be a pain, but it could be worse!

Tom and I arrived at the house at the same time. He went to the grocery for me which I so appreciate. Anyway, he opens his car door and begins to gather his planner, tote bag and notices the cane is missing. Whoops! this is not the first time he's left his much needed support system at a store. This time it got left in the buggy at Publix in the shopping cart collector. Luckily the lady at the customer service desk said she had it. So as he went back into town to retrieve his cane I decided to make some reindeer snack mix. I made some on Sunday and it didn't taste right. I asked my sister to read the recipe to me again and as usual I had written down the wrong measurement. Now, I've made this mix before and do you think I could find the recipe...nope! Anyway I went to work. After 13 minutes of my snack mix baking in the oven I realized I had forgotten to include the bugles...duh!!!! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best...wish I had forgotten to include the pretzles instead. Oh, Tom just went into the kitchen and asked if I was on the last 15 minutes of baking..."yes" I answered, "oh" he replied..."you forgot to set the timer."

Fa LaLaLa La....La, La,La,Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I'm hoping I'll do better next time.

5 comments:

Andi said...

Gosh I miss seeing you at our Office!!! Now I'm really going to miss getting to sample that reindeer mix!!!

Glad Publix was holding onto Tom's walking stick...tis the season is right!!!

Anonymous said...

forgetting to set the timer results in burnt stuff Robin :)

Anonymous said...

received your card in the mail today, thank you, it's so cute!

Susie Q said...

I hope your holiday was a sweet one dear Robin!! I wanted to stop in and wish you a joyous 2009!

Love,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Robin it's been MONTHS since you've updated...come back