Monday, September 17, 2007

I Love My Life

I Love My Life!!

It's true, I really do Love my life. What more could I ask for? I have a fantastic husband, who cooks for me every night and enjoys it. Three wonderful furry kids, Rajah is on my lap purring...he got tired of sleeping at my feet. A great family..my Mom and Sister are the best...Mom gives the best hugs and always tells me she Loves me and my Sister, Beth , is awesome; she always finds bargains and wants to share them. She is one of the most thoughtful people I know; very caring and always thinking of others...puts me to shame! My house is comfortable for Tom, Rajah, Jasmine, Coco and myself...it's a bit cluttered at the moment but that is only temporary. I have a great job...tomorrow I start a new project so there is never a dull moment. I have a great friends for which I am truely thankful. Yes, I have a wonderful life.

My cousin, Shannon, is a major in the US Airforce. She is currently stationed in Kuwait. Shannon is 35 and the mother of Ryan, who will be 4 on Dec. 31st, and Liam, who is just 5 months old. J.D., Shannon's husband, is also a major in the US Airforce and is holding down the homefront in Virginia. I can't imagine having to leave two small children and my husband for a six month "visit" to Kuwait. I have been in touch with Shannon and she is doing well. The weather is 115 degrees...can you imagine?? And I think Florida is hot! Please keep this family in your prayers. Shannon is supposed to have a six month tour which should bring her home in March.

Does anyone have any ideas for fun stuff to mail to Kuwait???

Hugs to all!!

4 comments:

Mom2fur said...

My bil is a retired Air Force Colonel. He was over in the Middle East during Desert Storm. Although there's about a 20 year difference in age, wouldn't that be funny if your sister knew him?
Here is a story she'll like. When they were stationed over there, my bil and his tent mates found an old a/c that nobody wanted. I guess it was a piece of junk. Well, they fixed it...and ended up with the only air conditioned tent! Everyone was jealous. I can't imagine 115 degree weather, either! Ugh!
There are sites that help you in packing goodies to send overseas. There are some regulations, not just due to safety but also due to culture. I sent my nephew's girlfriend, who is in Iraq, a box with some lip balm, some microwavable snacks and some gum and candy, among other things. They like those little snacks because they sometimes have to eat on the fly (no pun aimed at the Air Force) and rations probably get really boring after a while.
I hope you continue to love your life. Just make sure you take good care of yourself so that you are healthy enough to love it for a long, long time!

Andi said...

You do have a wonderful life and you deserve to have it that way!

I thought of you today at the antique store. Saw the cutest things.

Not sure how Shannon does it but I sure admire her...and all the soldiers!

Susie Q said...

I am so happy that YOU are SO happy! Did that make sense? : ) Your life is wonderful but then, you already knew that!

Bless Shannon...it is never easy leaving your kids. My husband was a Naval Officer for 27 years. He was gone often and was in Desert Storm for 9 months. We had only adopted Daniel a few months prior to his leaving. He missed our son's first everything! hat is never easy!

I know that things are different now...there are more regulations about what to send. I know there are websites that give ideas. Any kind of packaged snack food that will not melt, personal items so they do not have to purchase them,
trendy magazines, little girlie things for Shannon. She may be a soldier but she is still a girl!
Wet Wipes, gum, lip balms, little games, the hand held kind...microwaveable snacks...maybe a nail care kit, face care things,
hair care...sun screen, insect repellent, fun holiday things...silk leaves, little pumpkins, fun Holiday treats.

Those are just off the top of my head but I hope it helped.

Enjoy your week dear Robin. Stay well and stay this happy!

Hugs,
Sue

Missy Glave said...

Your post made me smile Robin. You so deserve these wonderful blessings in your life. You are a wonderful person, therefore you lead and have a wonderful life.

I can not imagine your cousin Shannon's life ... god bless her and her family ... and I wish her a safe return home.