Saturday, August 18, 2007

Catnip and Crayons

I now have a greater appreciation for mothers with small children. My sweet darling Coco Chanel found one of the many catnip mice this afternoon. As the house is very quiet, Tom is in Connecticut with his children and the food chanel is not on, I decided to get some much needed stamping done. Hmmm, this was NOT to be! Coco had to keep bringing me her mouse and setting it in the middle of my project. Of course like any good mother I threw the mouse for her to play chase or fetch...which ever you choose. Coco is a bit like a dog...she loves to fetch...what kind of siamese is that??? Anyway she brought the mouse to me for the umpteenth time and I threw it from the Florida room into the hallway. You have to admire cats, they can really run fast if they can put their whole weight into a pounce...which is what she did and in the process scattered my watercolor crayons. Now, this should not be a big deal, but those that know me understand that I keep my stamps, pens and crayons in tip top shape. I like my pencils with a fine point at all times...no exceptions. To my horror three of my watercolor crayons have been broken in half!!! Such a tragedy and so trivial. I'm thankful it was just crayons that were broken in half and not a piece of china that I wouldn't be able to replace. So in a small way my heart goes out to those with toddlers that get into everything. I've never had to cat proof my home before Jasmine and Coco came along; my other children have always been well mannered. Somehow I think I have missed the boat with these two.

I decided to take a day for me. The intention was to stamp and scrap for the better part of the day, but that was not to be. I was up very early because the girls decided to play chase over me...sometimes it is safer to get up than to lie in a bed when cats are running over you. I did some cleaning, had some coffee and then decided to get a pedicure. I love pedicures. I went to Nail Creations and a gentleman by the name of Michael gave me the best foot and leg massage ever! I thought I was going to fall asleep in the spa chair. After the pedicure I went to Sherwin Williams to purchase some paint samples for the bedroom. Tom and I want our room to be yellow and we had selected a shade from the paint chips called "Glad Yellow" makes me think of a happy color. I decided to get one other shade "lantern light" just to be on the safe side...good thing I did. Glad Yellow looks like egg yolks on my wall. I can't wait for Tom's reaction. Lantern light isn't too bad, but I will be headed to Porter Paints some time next week to try Citizens Bank yellow on my walls....I can't wait until the painting is done!!!

Tomorrow I am headed to Clearwater with my Mom and Sister. We are going to visit our cat breeder, Mary. I can't wait to see all the kittens...always makes me want one, but on the other hand kittens are a lot of work. I don't think poor Rajah could take another girl in the house. He has all he can handle with the two that he has.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. I'm going to catch up on some magazine reading and believe it or not, when I'm finished with them they are going in the trash. I am the ultimate pack rat and there comes a time when enough is enough. Good thing Tom is away this weekend....I'm not going to tell him how many cooking magazines went into the hobo today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too funny about your cats! My Aunt has a siamese that is just like a dog too. He comes running when you open the fridge up, LOL

Yes, I agree, better a pencil than something of more value but still I can uderstand the devastation of them being broken. One time my 4 yr old took my fave ink pad and used it and broke it...ugh!

So, I'd like to see a photo of your little kitties :)

Oh and on the online CM GT, I'm game for anything, but I'm not sure how I could do this. Do you have an idea or two or suggestion??

Andi said...

Okay, I'm telling Tom you tossed out some cooking magazines!!! lol

Sorry some of your watercolor crayons got broken but catnip will do that!

Have fun today with your Mom and Sister. Bring home a little Robin Mary!

Susie Q said...

I just love your stories...and I so agree with Jen! I would love to see your kitties!

Kitties are so apt to get in trouble. Our Henry went after the cuckoo and pulled the entire clock down. 70 dollars later it is fixed so I hope he behaves himself now!

Hugs,
Sue